BSF Climate Solutions: Evaluation & Selection Criteria
Evaluation & Selection Criteria
Panel Evaluation Pre-Proposals1
Selection Full Proposals2
Ad-Hoc Reviews Full Proposals3
Final Decisions Board of Governors5
The applications in this program will undergo a review and selection process different from the conventional one practiced by the BSF in its regular grant program.
- A cross-disciplinary science panel consisting of Israeli and American experts and leaders in their respective fields, is formed. Panel members will be tasked with the evaluation of pre-proposals during the first panel meeting, and select the ones that will be invited to submit a full proposal.
- The next task of the panel members is to assign external reviewers for each of the full applications for which they are responsible. Each application is assigned to 2 panel members.
- BSF staff will seek a minimum of four external reviews (stemming from different disciplines) for each application and, as much as possible, reviews will cover the various disciplinary aspect of the proposed study.
- After the external reviews are received, panel members will prepare a review summary for each proposal and add their own recommendations. BSF staff performs compliance checks of all reviews and summaries, closely following the process.
- The panel will convene for second meeting during which full proposals are evaluated, resulting in award/decline recommendations that will certified by the BSF Board of Governors.
- The final decision for funding lies with the BSF Board of Governors.
Award/decline decision, along with copies of the external reviews and panel summaries, will be made available to the PIs.