The Prof. Rahamimoff Travel Grants for Young Scientists
Tuesday, 6 June 2023Submission Date
10 GrantsPer Round
2 RoundsPer Year
The Prof. Rahamimoff Travel Grants for Young Scientists: Submission
Approved by the Institution1
Institution emails to the BSF2
- Applicants must be conducting supervised research towards a Ph.D. in an accredited higher education institution, or in a non-profit research institution (government or other, including hospitals).
- Applicants submitting before their Ph.D. research program/plan has been formally approved, or being in their last year of the Ph.D. program, are not eligible for a grant.
- The BSF will only accept applications that are in the scientific fields it supports (see Areas of Research). All fields supported by the BSF can be submitted each year.
- Applicants must be 35 years old, or younger.
- Applicants must be U.S. or Israeli citizens/permanent residents.
- Israeli and American students doing research in the other country are not eligible to apply.
- A student who was previously awarded a grant in this program is not allowed to submit again. A student who applied but did not receive a grant is allowed to resubmit.
- The budget for each trip is fixed at $6,000 and will cover travel costs and per-diem expenses. Trips are limited to 2 months.
- The BSF will not provide funding for institutional overhead.
- Both Israeli and American students must submit through the university from which they will graduate. Students who are doing their research at a hospital or other research institution, must also submit their applications through the university from which they will graduate.
- Each university will be limited to no more than 5 applicants.
- Cover and signature page. The form must be completed in 12-point font and 1.5 line spacing. Since it is not protected, the applicants are requested to make sure that the top and bottom letterheads are not lost.
The cover page must be signed in the proper places by:
- The applicant
- The institutional authority of the university (must also include email address!)
- Letter of support from the applicant’s supervisor.
- Letter of acceptance and support from the intended host scientist.
- CV of the applicant.
- All items should be submitted as one complete Word or PDF file.
Applications must be submitted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with all of the required material as an attachment in Word or PDF format.